Click HERE to engage in PRIVATE discussions on Developmental Continuums. (You must be a SCEE member to access these private discussions. If you are a SCEE member, but not a member of the discussion group, you will be prompted to join the group.)
Click HERE to access SCEE files in the PRIVATE Developmental Continuums file cabinet. (You must be a member of the Developmental Continuums Discussion Group to see this file folder. Click HERE if you are a SCEE member and want to join the group.)
DEVELOPMENTAL CONTINUUMS TOPICS
• What are the essential components of current tiered licensure systems for teachers and principals?
• How can the InTASC Model Core Teaching Standards be leveraged to strengthen current tiered licensure systems?
• What are some effective ways of incorporating incentives into tiered licensure systems?
• What are the potential implications of the new evaluation systems that focus on educator effectiveness for tenure, property rights, due process and other key elements of a licensure system?
• How can SCEE, CCSSO, InTASC, and other national organizations support state's efforts in improving their licensure systems?
Read more about the Developmental Continuums Strand HERE.
- State Policy Implications of the Model Core Teaching Standards by Deanna Hill, Deb Hansen, Peter McWalters, Kathleen Paliokas, and Circe Stumbo
- CCSSO Education Work Force White Paper: Transforming Teaching and Leading: A Vision for a High-Quality Educator Development System by Deanna Hill, Judy Jeffrey, Peter McWalters, Kathleen Paliokas, Alice Seagren, and Circe Stumbo
- Briefing Paper: Multi-tiered, Performance-based Licensure - Four State Profiles by Twanna LaTrice Hill and Terry Dozier
- New Mexico Teacher Competencies
Join this Group Now!
WEBINARS & PRESENTATIONS
August 9, 2011: Developmental Continuums and Tiered Licensure with Kathleen Paliokas and Peter Winograd. To watch a recording of the webinar follow the link above. For the Power Point presentation and a transcript of the Live Chat Q&A follow these links.