The following resources should support the process of communicating about evaluation system redesign.
SCEE Webinar Kick-Off
Our December 2012 webinar kicked off the discussions! SCEE members may view recordings of the webinar, review the live chat, and read the follow-up blog, Lessons Learned by States on Teacher Evaluations Messaging. The webinar also presented tools and strategies for states to construct their own messages about educator evaluation using a message box.
Resources shared by states
- Colorado Communications Toolkit for District Leaders
- Louisiana Department of Education (site redesign early 2013)
- The Top Ten Things to Know About Teacher Effectiveness Policies in North Carolina
- Lessons Learned on Communication and Engagement for Educator Evaluation: Colorado Case Study
- Communicating Change in Education: Ideas from a PR Expert
- SEA Strategic Communications: A Stakeholder Approach to Prioritize Communication Efforts
- Beyond Buy-In: Partnering with Practitioners to Build A Professional Growth and Accountability System for Denver's Educators
- State Perspectives on Emerging Practices for Effective Communication with Educators around Evaluation
- Supporting Effective Teachers: Communications Resources for Implementing New Systems for Teacher Development and Evaluation