Click HERE to engage in PRIVATE discussions on Professional Development. (You must be a SCEE member to access these private discussions. If you are a SCEE member, but not a member of the discussion group, you will be prompted to join the group.)
Click HERE to read and comment on SCEE blog posts on Professional Development.
Click HERE to access SCEE files in the PRIVATE PD file cabinet. (You must be a member of the PD Discussion Group to see this file folder. Click HERE if you are a SCEE member and want to join the group.)
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TOPICS
This strand will address questions such as:
- What is the state's role in ensuring that educators have high quality growth opportunities and supports that lead to new ways of doing work?
- What are some examples of new infrastructures, leadership actions, and model policies for teacher and leader professional growth and support?
- How can data systems and feedback loops inform professional development design, implementation, and evaluation as well as state-level policy decisions at various levels of the system?
- How might states and local districts collaborate to improve the quality of professional development experienced by teachers and school leaders?
- What are some actions you have already taken to prepare for changes in professional development policy? What have you discovered about launching and sustaining reforms in professional development policies that may be helpful to share with other states?
Read more about the Preparation Strand HERE.
Join this Group Now!
WEBINARS & PRESENTATIONS
July 12 Webinar: Professional Development and Educator Effectiveness Systems with Stephanie Hirsh of Learning Forward and Deb Hansen of West Wind Education Policy.
April 2011 National Summit Strand Presentation: Professional Learning for Educator Effectiveness.