Click HERE to engage in PRIVATE discussions on Evaluation. (You must be a SCEE member to access these private discussions. If you are a SCEE member, but not a member of the discussion group, you will be prompted to join the group.)
Click HERE to read and comment on SCEE blog posts on Teacher Evaluation.
Click HERE to read and comment on SCEE blog posts on Leader Evaluation.
Click HERE to access files in the PUBLIC Evaluation file cabinet.
Click HERE to access SCEE files in the PRIVATE Evaluation file cabinet. (You must be a member of the PD Discussion Group to see this file folder. Click HERE if you are a SCEE member and want to join the group.)
- Where are states in the process of using student achievement data to inform the teacher and leader evaluation processes? What have states and local districts learned from the early phases of adoption of new processes? What are the multiple measures being used to determine a teacher or leader's impact on student achievement?
- How will improved data systems and feedback loops improve the effectiveness and utility of evaluation processes? What do these systems look like? What must they include?
- How can states change the rules, encourage innovation, and apply new principles, practices, and policies toward the transformation of evaluation systems?
- What are the implications for SEA capacity (human capital, infrastructure, and funding) to lead reforms in teacher and leader evaluation systems?
- How can we ensure that evaluation systems in fact help teachers and leaders improve their practice and improve student achievement?
- How can leadership evaluation processes be used to improve the professional growth of school leaders?
- Who are the key stakeholders in leadership and teacher evaluation and how receptive have they been to reforms? What strategies have states used to engage the support and buy-in of stakeholders, particularly local district partners?
Read more about Leader Evaluation in this Strand HERE.
Read more about Teacher Evaluation in this Strand HERE.
Join this Group Now!
SCEE SUMMIT VIDEO RECORDINGS
Video of the Teacher and Leader Evaluation Strands from the SCEE Summit:
Combined Teacher and Leader Evaluation: Breakout Session #1
Teacher Evaluation: Breakout Session #2
WEBINARS & PRESENTATIONS
November 1 Webinar: Continuing the Conversation about Educator Evaluation with Damian Betebenner, Cynthia Osborne, Stanley Rabinowitz and Richard Wenning
October 4 Webinar: Why We Need to Evaluate Principals and Use Principals as a Tool for Professional Improvement, Organized by Mary Canole
February 22 Webinar: Leadership for Learning: Assessing the Behaviors that Matter Most with Ellen Goldring, Department of Leadership, Policy and Organizations, Peabody College, Vanderbilt University
February 8 Webinar: Measuring the Effectiveness of Teachers in Untested Subjects and Grades with Laura Goe, Education Testing Services
January 11 Webinar: Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness with Laura Goe, Education Testing Services.
April 2011 National Summit Strand Presentations
- Laura Goe: Models for Evaluating Teacher Effectiveness
- Claudia Bach: Principal Evaluation in Massachusetts: Where We Are Now
- Benjamin Fenton: Developing Effective Leaders: Principal Evaluation Systems
- Troyce Fisher: Creating Administrator Excellence
- Joseph Murphy: Principal Evaluation: The National Story
- Jacquelyn Wilson: Delaware's Performance Evaluation System II for School Administrators
- Cynthia Yoder: Ohio Principal Evaluation System