Topical Meeting September 2013
SEPTEMBER 2013 TOPICAL MEETING
CCSSO hosted a topical meeting on growth models from September 16 - 18. The event provided participants with a deeper understanding of technical and policy issues that stem from growth models and use.
View the agenda, pre-readings, and the list of speakers at the topical meeting event app located HERE. A host of resources about the following growth models topics can be viewed from the app.
- Growth models 101
- What we're learning: findings from research and practice
- Stepping up to the challenges of unintended consequences
- Providing answers to what's keeping us up at night about growth models
- What a good communications plan entails
- Technical issues that are connected to value-added models in educator evaluation
- Creating conversations about transitioning to new assessments
- Use of student growth models with preK-3rd grade
- Proposals for better growth models
- Combining measures for performance management systems
- How to engage SEA and LEA leaders
- Including students with disabilities in student growth measures.
Join this Group Now!
TOPICAL MEETING LINKS
PREVIOUS MEETING LINKS:
December 2013 Topical Meeting: Leveraging Professional Learning to Increase Principal Effectiveness, presented by SCEE and Implementing Common Core Standards
December 2013 Meeting-Within-a-Meeting: Supporting Principal Effectiveness in Leading Teacher Evaluation and Supports and Common Core Implementation, presented by SCEE and Learning Forward
October 2011: A Conversation About Evaluation