The webinar, The Principal's Role in Evaluating Teachers, will be jointly hosted by SCEE, the National Governors Association (NGA), and National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) and sponsored by the Wallace Foundation. Join this webinar on October 3, 2012, from 2:00 to 3:00 PM (EDT) to learn what state policy makers can do to ensure that principals have the preparation and professional development they need to effectively use new teacher evaluation instruments, provide actionable feedback to teachers, and are certified by the state or district to conduct evaluations.
Mary Canole, SCEE Consultant on School Leadership will facilitate the session. The following presenters will share their insights about the findings from the NGA Issue Brief: Preparing Principals to Evaluate Teachers:
- Tabitha Grossman, Program Director for NGA
- Sara Shelton, Program Principal for NCSL
- Myra Best, Governor Perdue's Special Advisor on Education and Education Innovation in North Carolina
- Katy Anthes, Executive Director of Educator Effectiveness from the Colorado Department of Education
Participants will also hear from local districts leaders that are participating in the Wallace Principal Pipeline Initiative about supporting principals and holding them accountable for implementing their teacher evaluation system.
- Tracy Dorland, Deputy Chief Academic Officer for Denver Public Schools
- Rashidah Morgan, Director of Leadership Strategy for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
SCEE, NGA, and NCSL members are invited to engage in this important forum to discuss important linkages between policy and practice.
The NGA Issues Brief: Preparing Principals to Evaluate Teachers is the pre-reading for this month's webinar.