Please join us!
Tuesday, November 17
3 - 4:00 PM Eastern
Link to Webinar
State leaders possess formal and informal powers they can use to serve the goal of ensuring that all schools have excellent principals - Paul Manna
Please join our annual joint policy webinar! CCSSO, NGA, NASBE, and NCSL are partnering to bring education staff into a discourse about policy levers to bolster school leaders and to look closer at
- opportunities SEAs capitalized on when they connected policy innovations with principalship support,
- takeaways that researcher Paul Manna garnered as he engaged states in dialogues around the report Developing Excellent Principals to Advance Teaching and Learning,
- examples of policy levers used in West Virginia, to prime the pump for more state sharing, and
- your questions, ideas, and comments.
Though principals hold paramount roles in schools, analyses from Paul Manna and The Wallace Foundation suggest principals should receive more prominence on state education agendas. This webinar summons from Manna ideas for how states may strengthen school leadership policies and invites West Virginia to share the progress they have made toward developing school leadership their state.
Joined by policy partners:
- Cortney Rowland - Senior Policy Analyst, National Governors Association
- Francis Eberlie - Deputy Executive Director, National Association of State Boards of Education
- Holly Boffy - Program Director, Council of Chief State School Officers
- Kelly Latterman - Research Analyst, National Conference of State Legislatures
Special thanks to The Wallace Foundation for sponsoring this event!